12 April 2009

Review-Moon Called by Patricia Briggs

Back cover:
"Werewolves can be dangerous if you get in their way, but they'll leave you alone if you are careful. They are very good at hiding their natures from the human population, but I'm not human. I know them when I meet them, and they know me, too.

Mercy Thompson's sexy nest-door neighbor is a werewolf.

She's tinkering with a VW bus at her mechanic shop that happens to belong to a vampire.

But then, Mercy Thompson is not exactly normal herself... and her connection to the world of things that go bump in the night is about to get her into a whole lot of trouble."




Ahh this book was just what I needed! I've been dying for some hot werewolves or vamps and this definitely had the werewolves. Mmm yummy. Haha anyway...
This book is YA, which surprised me when I found it at the library, but unlike a lot of books it didn't seem like Briggs took stuff out to make it YA. I mean I've read books that are YA and it'll start getting to steamy or something and then it has a paragraph break and subtle implications of what happened, I cannot stand that. In Moon Called it didn't do that, it didn't seem like the author took anything out to make it fit YA standards. Another thing I loved about this book was it wasn't about teens. I liked that it dealt with adults. I also LOVED that Mercy was a mechanic. I would love, love, love to be a mechanic when I'm older. I can't think of anything I didn't like about this book. I loved how all the supernaturals were different than usual. I loved how they came out. I loved that one of the mains was a gay male werewolf (I have a soft spot for gays especially if they're a wolfie :)
Now my review might be a little biased because I've been craving a supernatural book with hot guys and supernaturals, and if I had read it after I was tired of reading books about hot guys and supernaturals I'd probably be more critical.

P.S. I'm going to change my rating system to a grading system, but until then I give this PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. This book and all of the other Mercy Thompson books are so good. I can't wait to read the new one. If you like this book you will also like her Alpha & Omega series.

Jess (The Cozy Reader) said...

I would soooo not call this series YA. It's not hot and heavy with the sex but it still has things that come up that I wouldn't say are YA material.

The lack of visual sex is a plus for the younger crowd. I think Briggs is an amazing author and she doesn't need to make it all fluffy to be great.

Love this series!

YA Librarian said...

This book looks interesting. I may have to give it a go.