"Werewolves can be dangerous if you get in their way, but they'll leave you alone if you are careful. They are very good at hiding their natures from the human population, but I'm not human. I know them when I meet them, and they know me, too.
Mercy Thompson's sexy nest-door neighbor is a werewolf.
She's tinkering with a VW bus at her mechanic shop that happens to belong to a vampire.
But then, Mercy Thompson is not exactly normal herself... and her connection to the world of things that go bump in the night is about to get her into a whole lot of trouble."
Ahh this book was just what I needed! I've been dying for some hot werewolves or vamps and this definitely had the werewolves. Mmm yummy. Haha anyway...
This book is YA, which surprised me when I found it at the library, but unlike a lot of books it didn't seem like Briggs took stuff out to make it YA. I mean I've read books that are YA and it'll start getting to steamy or something and then it has a paragraph break and subtle implications of what happened, I cannot stand that. In Moon Called it didn't do that, it didn't seem like the author took anything out to make it fit YA standards. Another thing I loved about this book was it wasn't about teens. I liked that it dealt with adults. I also LOVED that Mercy was a mechanic. I would love, love, love to be a mechanic when I'm older. I can't think of anything I didn't like about this book. I loved how all the supernaturals were different than usual. I loved how they came out. I loved that one of the mains was a gay male werewolf (I have a soft spot for gays especially if they're a wolfie :)
Now my review might be a little biased because I've been craving a supernatural book with hot guys and supernaturals, and if I had read it after I was tired of reading books about hot guys and supernaturals I'd probably be more critical.
P.S. I'm going to change my rating system to a grading system, but until then I give this
12 April 2009
- If I was rich (or a Librarian) 3
- Review-The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
- In My Mailbox April 20-25
- Three books down, a Twiiter update, & a message to...
- ... I fell asleep
- Two books down, many to go
- Update, one book down
- Hourly update 3, 11:05 AM
- Hourly update 3, 10:05 AM
- Hourly update 2, 9 AM
- Hourly update 1, 8 AM
- 7AM!! Time to start
- It's 6 in the freaking morning. So why am I up aga...
- BEDA- I gave up, I'm a Twitter-er and little thing...
- I'm doing the 24 hour read-a-thon this Saturday
- In My Mailbox April 13-18
- Review-Moon Called by Patricia Briggs
- In My Mailbox April 5-11
- Review-The Only Bush I Trust Is My Own by Periel A...
- In My Mailbox April 6-8 (I know it's early but I'm...
- In My Mailbox April week 1
- Sisterhood Award
- Review-In Too Deep by Jennifer Banash
- If I was rich (or a Librarian) 2
- ▼ April (25)