10 March 2009

Review-The Vampire Diaries The Fury and Dark Reunion by L. J. Smith

"LOVE CAN KILL
Elena: transformed, the golden girl has become what she once feared and desired.


Stefan: tormented by losing Elena, hes determined to end his feud with Damon once and for all-whatever the cost. But slowly he begins to realize his brother is not his only enemy.

Damon: at last, he possesses Elena. But will his thirst for revenge against Stefan poison his triumph? Or can they come together to face one final battle."


Once again I am amazed. The writing and the characters just ahh, amazing, incredible, addictive.
WARNING: If you haven't read the first one this review might contain spoilers.

The Fury picks up right where we left off in The Struggle. Elena is now a vampire and Stefan blames Damon. Elena has to try and come to terms with being dead to everyone who knew her and being a vampire. When something evil comes to Fell's Church it's up to Elena, Stefan, and Damon to stop it. But what is "it", exactly? Along the way they start to realize that maybe Damon isn't as evil as they thought. Well, I guess I should Elena starts to realize. Stefan still holds to his opinion of Damon. Matt, Bonnie, and Meredith, who now know the secrets Elena kept before, help the vampire trio find this third Power and they'll do whatever they can to stop it. But at what cost?
This was by far my favorite of the four I've read.

Dark Reunion was pretty good, too. I didn't like as much as The Fury but it still has the enticing nature to it as the first two. I couldn't put this book down. I just kept wanting to read the next word, next sentence, next paragraph, next page, next chapter, until I had finished both books. Praying that it would all turn out okay, and everybody would be fine. L. J. Smith is a very talented writer and I'm so glad I finally listened to my friends advice and started this series.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
I can't wait until I read The Return: Nightfall. Is it as good (or bad) as everybody says? Oh and guess what?! The Vampire Diaries might be a TV Show on the CW!! How awesome is that?!

"
The Vampire Diaries TV Pilot
Yes, it is true: the script has been approved to make a pilot for The Vampire Diaries. This doesn't mean that TVD will be a TV series: first it has to go head to head with the other pilots that are being made for next fall. Here is what I know so far: the CW picked it up to make a pilot, and one of the executive producers (and writers) for it is Kevin Williamson, who wrote Dawson's Creek, Scream, and I Know What You Did Last Summer. In any case, if you're a dead ringer for Elena, Stefan, Bonnie, or any of the other characters, this might be a good time to visit sunny southern California and see if they're casting." From L. J. Smith's webstie

0 comments: