10 March 2009

Review - Night World No. 1 Secret Vampire; Daughters of Darkness; Spellbinder by L. J. Smtih

Summary:

Vampires, werewolves, shapeshifters-they live among us without our knowledge. Night World is their secret society, a secret society with very strict rules. And falling in love breaks all the laws if the Night World.

Secret Vampire - Poppy thought the summer would last forever. Then she was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Now Poppy's only hope for survival is James, her friend and secret love. A vampire in the Night World, James can make Poppy immortal. But first they both must risk everything to go against the laws of Night World.

Daughters of Darkness - Fugitives from Night World, three vampire sisters leave their isolated home to live among humans. Their brother, Ash, is sent to bring them back, but he falls in love with their beautiful friend.

Spellbinder - Two witch cousins fight over their high school crush. It's a battle between black magic and white magic.



One thing I like about short stories is the only things you know about the characters are general background and things relevant to the story. You don't have half the book wasted describing the characters. Short stories are short (obviously), sweet, and to the point. You don't have to read through boring filler to get to the good stuff, it's basically all of the good stuff. The only thing I don't like about them is its hard to review it without giving the whole story away.
I loved this book. I love the characters. I'm so glad they reprinted Night World with 3 books in one. I think it flows better. I also love how all the stories star different characters that are mentioned or featured in every one. L. J. Smith did a fantastic job writing this collection and I can't wait to read the next volume.

Secret Vampire - This story was my least favorite of the three but still a four heart and crossbone thingie. I loved Ash, even though he wasn't completely good.

Daughters of Darkness - Ash is back, and this time with his sisters. And now he'll find out what James was talking about with Poppy.

Spellbinder - This one was my favorite of the three. It focuses on Thea and Blaise who were in a little cameo in Secret Vampire. I don't like Blaise all that much. She's vain and he way she treated all those guys made me kind of want to kill her. But she comes through in the end so that's good at least.


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

0 comments: