Kyle Kingsbury is gorgeous, a rich, blond hair, blue-eyed, beauty. His father is Rob Kingsbury, a news anchor. Kyle thinks he's all that and is in his school. How could he not when the hottest girl in school is his date to dance. After Kyle stands up Kendra, an ugly goth chick he asked to be his date to the dance, just so he could humiliate her, he finds out she's a witch and she turns him into a beast. She says he's beastly, he needs to learn looks aren't everything, and how to be kinder. Kyle can't believe what's happened to him and neither can his father. They go to doctors and doctors trying to "fix" him, until they realize its hopeless, no doctor can turn him back. Kendra said it takes a kiss from someone who loves him to turn him back and he only has 2 years to find her. He's already given up, I mean who could fall for a beast, let alone kiss him?
His father sends him to live in a five story house in Brooklyn with only the maid, Magda, and he raised her salary to keep her mouth shut. Kyle asks for a tutor, not that he ever cared for school but what else is there to do? His father finds a blind man to tutor Kyle. After a junkie breaks into the house, Kyle catches him and the junkie, desperate to live, offers his daughter to Kyle. Kyle accepts for two reasons. Could she be the one? Could she fall for the guy, beast, that's keeping her locked up?
I love this book. (Have you guys noticed I love most of the books I review?) Everyone knows someone like Kyle, and I bet a lot of you wish a witch would turn him/her into a beast so they would learn a lesson. It is a lot like Beauty and the Beast (obviously) without being too much alike. I love who the girl turns out to be. I'd tell you but you don't want me to ruin it now do you? Alex did a wonderful job writing Kyle and how he changes. Its so subtle though, most of the book you don't even realized how much he's changed.
02 March 2009
- Supernatural Summer. Free e-book sampler from Harp...
- If I was rich (or a Librarian)
- Review-Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
- Review-Across the Pond by Storyheart
- In My Mailbox March
- Review-Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott
- Review- Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty
- Another Award??
- Help me (and Hayden) save the whales.
- Review-The Vampire Diaries The Fury and Dark Reuni...
- Review - Night World No. 1 Secret Vampire; Daughte...
- I love your blog! Award
- Review-Tattoo by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
- Review- The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening and The...
- Review-Th1rteen R3asons Why by Jay Asher
- Review-Beastly by Alex Flinn
- Review-Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan
- ▼ March (17)