16 February 2010

The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong

Title: The Awakening

Series: Darkest Powers book 2
Previous Book: The Summoning
Next Book: The Reckoning
Author: Kelley Armstrong
Grade: A+


Summary:
If you had made me a few weeks ago, you probably would have describe me as an average teenage girl-someone normal. Now my life has changed forever and I'm as far away from normal as it gets. A living science experiment -not only can I see ghosts, but I was genetically altered by a sinister organization called the Edison Group. What does that mean? For starters, I'm a teenage necromancer hose powers are out o control; I raise the dead without even trying. Trust me, that is not a power you want to have. Ever
Now I'm running for my life with three of my supernatural friends-a charming sorcerer, a cynical werewolf, and a disgruntled witch-and we have to find someone who can help us before the Edison Group fins us first. Or die trying.


My review:
As always with books not first in a series, I will try not to spoil anything too big.
Ok so whoa. This book was amazing! A perfect sequel for The Summoning, The Awakening answers some of the questions we asked during Summoning, and raises some more {and some dead people} at the same time. We find out what happened to Liz, as well as some other kids from Lyle House that we've haven't met yet. We also find out which little kiddie betrayed Chloe, Simon, and Derek in the first book, and it's not who you expect. And in true Kelley Armstrong fashion, we're left with a huge "OMG WHAAAAT?!" moment, and cliffhanger. But this time the OMG moment was a little more subtle. I almost didn't catch it. (If you've read the book and know what I'm talking about leave a comment :) We find out more about Tori and her family, and Derek gets closer to his first complete Change. Also, something weird is going on with Chloe's necklace.

I finished this book without one complaint about writing or story line. Don't you just love books like that? I absolutely cannot wait for The Reckoning (April 6th is so far away!) I could praise Kelley Armstrong's writing all day, but unfortunately, I have a house to clean, bags to pack, and books to read. So go read her for yourself.

1 comments:

Ren @ All By Myshelf said...

Great review. I LOVE this series! I know what you mean about April being so far away. I'm dying to know what happens next! You'd think with people suffering like that (because I know I'm not the only one) they would publish the book sooner to end their pain. ;)

BTW, love the new layout! ^_^