10 September 2008

Review-The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong


15 year old Chloe Saunders was a normal teenager. She went to an art school, made up a crush for her friend's benefit, has designer clothes, was raised by nannies, can see ghosts. Okay maybe not so normal. After an incident at school she is sent to a group home for "troubled teens". She starts to figure out that there is a lot more to Lyle House then she was led to believe. With the help of two other house mates she starts to figure out some of the mystery behind the house. And her gift.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH OMG OMG OMG OMG OH MY GOOOD! What kind of ending..... grrrr. That's all I got to say "AHHHH" oh and Kelley is evil... Ending a book like that what was she thinking?! Maybe she was thinking it was a way to get people craving The Awakening, in which case she's right. Okay I'll admit it was a damn good ending. I just hate cliffhangers. (Just so you know when I say an author is evil for the way they ending a book I mean "the author is smart to end it that way but I want to know what happens! *whines*" or that I hate cliffhangers what I really mean is "OMG I can't wait for more" or something along those lines.... weird I know)
This book was awesome. I couldn't stand it when I had to stop reading to do my school work. The Greeks just weren't holding my attention today.

We meet Chloe, a teenage necromancer, who is diagnosed with schizophrenia and sent to Lyle House. There she meets Liz, Tori, Simon, Derek, and Rae. Like her, they are "troubled teens" with secrets and powers they don't understand. While trying to find out what's really going on at Lyle House and who she can trust, Chloe learns more than she could imagine, and maybe more than she wants to. She finds out ignorance really is bliss but has to ask herself if it's worth it. I wish I could say more but I don't want to spoil it so go pick up a copy!

Kelley Armstrong has done it again with the promising new series. If you have read The Summoning and would like to read the first chapter of The Awakening (book 2) then go here. Click on "My Locker", if you can't figure out the password contact me. Click on the page on the right that says "Darkest Powers book 2 uncorrected proofs" then you'll need another password, to prove you've read the first one, then you can read the first chapter of The Awakening.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

0 comments: