04 October 2008

Review-Georgina Kincaid series by Richelle Mead (first 3 books)

Okay I'm going to try not to spoil anything oh and you should know this series is NOT a young adult series.

Georgina Kincaid is a succubus, and a good one at that. You'd think being able to shape shift your clothes, hairstyle, make-up, and shoes into whatever whenever you want, having guys faint if you look at them, and having a job that requires you to have sex on a regular basis wouldn't be so bad, right? Well, for Georgina it isn’t that simple. She likes to do things to regular way, the human way, and only sleeps with “bad” guys, when she can. The guys that have low morals and scruples, the ones who are already corrupted and are going to hell. She works in a bookstore, which is awesome. Free books and coffee, I’d be in heaven. Her social circle includes an imp named Hugh, vampires, Peter and Cody, an angel named Carter and her demon boss, Jerome, who looks like John Cusack.



What I liked about these books...
The world Richelle Mead has created is so original. It's a new way to look at the good vs. evil game. I loved the characters, the evil ones who aren't completely evil and the good who are completely good... and annoying in my opinion. I love how "evil" is like a corporation in this series. I finished these three books in three days so I obviously would recommend them to anyone who likes paranormal romance books.

Since all the book have the same rating I'll do it here PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

In Succubus Blues, Georgina is accused of killing an immortal everyone knew Georgina wasn't very fond of. When Georgina starts getting weird notes from the real killer she takes it upon herself to find who is responsible.

This book is a wonderful series beginner. Its very well written and gives you just enough information to understand the "rules" of the series. (like what the supernaturals powers are, what supernaturals exist, etc etc) I'd recommend already having the sequel near you if you like the book by the second half, because you'll been craving more.






In Succubus On Top, her friend and co-worker Doug starts acting weird Georgina has to find out what's causing it and to top it off she has to help her best friend, an incubus named Bastien, seduce a woman known for her incredibly conservative views before Bastien is fired. (Emphasis on fire) But proves to harder than either of the anticipated. Will Georgina figure out what's up with Doug and help Bastien before it's too late?

Bastien was a great add for this book. And I loved the ironic reason for why is wasn't so easy for Bastien to seduce Ms. Conservative.





Succubus Dreams: Georgina starts having weird dreams that leave her waking up with no energy. She has to contact Dante, a dream interpreter with very little soul, to help her figure out what her dreams mean and why they are taking away her energy. Will she find out what or who is responsible before its too late?

I wish I had waited awhile before reading this book. I wanted to read Succubus Heat so bad I went outside and screamed for a whole minute. Yeah I want it that bad. Oh how I wish I could get my hands on an ARC...



Succubus Heat June 2009

0 comments: