19 February 2009

Review-Undone by Brooke Taylor *****

When an 8th grade science experiment goes wrong and soaks Serena Moore's shirt with blue dye she goes to bathroom to clean up and runs into none other than the "dark angel" of the 8th grade, Kori Kitlzer. Kori tells Serena that they are more alike than Serena think and thus begins their friendship. Serena tries to be more like Kori, fearless, outspoken, and ambitious. Soon Serena doesn't know when where she begins and Kori ends, but after Kori is in a terrible accident Serena has to find a way to complete her best friend's life left undone.

In Social Psychology Dr. Ramsey gives an assignment to temp fate. The students are told to write five things that they would never dream could happen to them. Kori's are :
"1. Sing with Bleeder Valve.
2. Get a tattoo.
3. Work things out with Shay.
4. Confront D.
5. Tell Serena"

After Kori's accident Serena decides to finish Kori's list for her. Soon Serena finds out that her best friend kept many secrets. Who's Shay? What happened between him and Kori? Who's D? And what she need to confront him or her about? What did she have to tell Serena? Will Serena ever find out? Or will her best friend remain a mystery?


This book is amazing. They way the author writes, whether its the characters or something happening, it, I don't know, seems more real than other books I've read. Maybe its just me, but when I was reading Undone, it was like I wasn't just reading about Kori and Serena. It was like I was living their lives with them. Feeling their emotions with them. That's the best way I can explain it. I definitely recommend this book to anyone. One of the very few I gave 5 stars to.

0 comments: