07 December 2008

Interview- Elizabeth Scott and an apology and short rant

Okay you guys I know I promised to update and I have some reviews to post but at the moment I'm unable to. See in case you didn't know this is how it works with my life. When one thing goes wrong everything goes wrong. After I had a fight with my best friend, I got sick, my internet doesn't work for about a week, I get sick again, I lose the book I'm supposed to reading so I can review it and I just pretty much got kicked out and many other wonderful things (Sarcasm). I don't know where I'll be so I don't know if I'll have internet access. But I just got this interview back today so I'm going to post it as an apology and I hope I'll be able to figure this out and at least post some reviews. Also, I've entered some contests so if you see my name Book Junkie or Amelia as a winner could you send me an email or comment here or something so I can at least try to claim the prize. Maybe I'll be lucky that day, not likely but you never know. Thanks in advance!


How long ago did you start writing your first novel?

I started writing Bloom in April 2004

What made you come to the decision to become an author?

I got an agent, and sold a book!

How did you get the ideas for your books?

I get ideas from all over the place--things I read, thing I see, things I hear. I've even gotten ideas from dreams!

Are there any characters or places in your novels that were inspired by real people or places?

Some of the places in my books--like Stealing Heaven--are inspired by real places, but most are made up.

I've never based a character on a real person.

Do think you’ll ever write a series?

I've learned to never say never...

Who was your favorite character to write?

I've loved--and hated--writing all my books, and have loved--and hated!--all the people in them.

When you write…
Are you inside or out?

Inside

Are you using pen and paper, typewriter, or computer?

Computer/alphasmart

Is it quiet or are you playing music?

Quiet


What helps you get over writer’s block?

Going out and seeing the world, taking the time to look around and enjoy it. Or planting my butt in a chair and just getting through the hard part. Or parts.

What’s the first book you remember reading?

The J.C. Whitney auto parts catalog. For whatever reason, I was obsessed with it, and was so excited every time it came to the house.

Granted, I was three. But still. My parents tease me about it to this day!

Is there anything else you’d like to say?

Thanks for wanting to interview me :-)



Once again sorry. Hope to to be back soon. Until then read and enjoy your life while you can.

Peace <3 and Books,
Amelia

0 comments: