26 September 2008

Review-Sisters of Misery by Megan Kelley Hall


There are some girls who have everything...

She has the right clothes, the right friends, and the right last name, but fifteen-year-old Maddie Crane sometimes feels like an outsider in her clique in the wealthy, seaside town of Hawthorne, Massachusetts. And when her gorgeous, eccentric cousin Cordelia LeClaire moves to town, Maddie is drawn toward her ethereal, magical spirit and teeters even more toward the edge of her friends' tightly-knit circle...

Then there are the jealous ones...

Kate Endicott and the Sisters of Misery--a secret clique of the most popular, powerful girls in school--are less than thrilled by Cordelia's arrival. When Kate's on-again, off-again boyfriend Trevor takes an interest in Cordelia, the Sisters of Misery become determined to make her pay...

Now Maddie must choose between the allure and power of the Sisters of Misery and her loyalty to her beloved cousin. But she'll have to give up on ever fitting in and accept the disturbing truth about the town, her friends, her mysterious cousin, and even herself as she faces the terrifying wrath of the Sisters of Misery...


I started this book around 11 PM and finished around 1 AM. One of the few books I make a priority over sleep.
What can I say about this book other than I loved it? I could repeat the summary you'll find anywhere, in my own words, but that's not really reviewing. I could talk about the book in detail but I'd give every good thing away. I could say that without a doubt you'll love it, but how am I supposed to know that? I don't know who is reading this, for all I know no one reads this. So can I say you'll absolutely love this book and will impatiently wait for the sequel? No, I can't but I can say that's what happened to me. Isn't that what I'm supposed to do in a review. Say why I like or disliked it, would I recommend it to someone else etc. etc. So I guess I'll do that now...
Yes I loved it and yes I would recommend it.
Sisters of Misery is a wonderful book that I've been waiting for since July and it definitely didn't disappoint. I couldn't put it down. I was talking to my friend the entire I was reading it and she decided she was going to read it just from the reactions I had when I read some shocking, unexpected twist. (there were a lot of those) I mean one minute I though somebody was guilty then I was feeling sorry for them and couldn’t believe I thought that had done it. Then I thought for sure without a doubt this person did it and once again I was wrong. I don’t think I’ve ever been so happy to be wrong. This book is awesome at keeping you guessing.
One thing I absolutely loved about this book, is even though it’s Young Adult it isn’t a kid book. What I mean is, that it doesn’t just ignore drugs and sex. It doesn’t going to into explicit detail or anything but it doesn’t sugar coat it either. Like I said, I love that. I’m tired of Young Adult books that are advertised as being great for teens and they completely ignore most problems teens go through. I hope you’ll check this book out, you may not like it but it’s definitely worth reading either way.

My interview with the author, Megan Kelley Hall, should be up soon. But there was some mess up and my question never got sent and now I can’t find them anywhere. (You wouldn’t have happened to see a purple notebook lying around anywhere would you? No? Dang… When I find the questions, or come up with more, I’ll post them.)

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1 comments:

Laura Wood said...

the way you describe it sound like its right up my alley!