19 February 2010

Men of the Otherworld by Kelly Armstrong

(I just had to put both covers. Mmm-mm smexy ;)

Title: Men of the Otherworld
Series: Anthology from Women of the Otherworld, this book is about the men from the series, obviously. Includes Infusion, Savage, Ascension, and a new story.
Next book: Tales of the Otherworld
Grade: A+

Summary:
As a curious child, Clayton didn't resist the bite-he asked for it. But surviving as a lone child werewolf was more than he could manage-until Jeremy came along and taught him how to straddle the human-werewolf worlds, gave him a home... and introduced him to the Pack. So begins this volume, featuring three of the most intriguing members of the American Pack-a hierarchical founding family where bloodlines mean everything, and each day presents a new, thrilling, and often deadly challenge. For as Clayton grows from a wild child to a clever teen who tests his beloved mentor at every turn, he must learn not only to control his animal instincts, but to navigate Pack politics-including showing his brutal arch nemesis, Malcolm, who the real Alpha is... (From Armstrong's website)

Review:
Infusion- Malcolm's story. In this story, we unfortunately learn more about Malcolm and Jeremy's conception. I liked this story, because of my extreme hatred of Malcolm, I didn't enjoy it very much. Although, it's awesome to finally know more about Jeremy's part.

Savage- Clayton's story. Ah, Clay. What can I say about dear old Clay? He is probably my favorite character after this story. If you've read Bitten, Stolen, Broken, and/or Frostbitten from Women of the Otherworld, then you'll know Clay is very stubborn, tough, strong, terrifying {Well, to mutts and non-werewolves anyway}. So, to read him as a child and teen destroys his previous reputation in my mind. There was this one scene, he's probably 7 or 8 and in werewolf form. And he's looking for more food so he sticks his head in a bag and it gets stuck. Now, if any of you have dogs you know what happens next. And it's soo cute! I laughed so hard when I read that part cause Obama came to mind when she gets her head stuck in a bag looking for food and her trying and failing miserably to get it off. Haha. Well, anyway, Clay's story is very long. In fact, it's most of the book. We see everything from Clay getting bit, his first day of school, that fateful day he dissected the Guinea Pig in Kindergarten, his first car, college, to those famed pictures (By the way, EW). And I loved every word of it.

Kitsunegari- Jermey's story. In this short story we learn about Jeremy's lineage and those symbols he's been drawing. He's confronted (full-frontal :) by someone like his Mother. I don't know if they were relatives or not though. He finally learns to truth about the other side of his family.


I love Kelley's writing and stories. Remember how I said in the Dark Guardian reviews how I like series to be fresh? This is what I'm talking about she does it. It's a different character with different problems or obstacles and different twists every time. Even when it's a character we've seen before we have a new story and I love that.
All in all, I love this book and can't wait for Tales from the Otherworld. Although, now I wish I had read all this shorts online for free, but hey, at least the proceeds are for charity. All the more reason for you to stop reading this and go buy a copy! If the hardcover price is too much for you, don't worry Mass Market Paperback will be released very soon. 23 February 2010


0 comments: